Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beating the Heat: Forest Park

   Maybe I'm not a true Seattlite after all, or maybe I just don't have much to complain about cause I haven't been stuck in a hot office building/house etc. for the past few days, but I love this weather! I love that it gives us the excuse to do all these summery things all at once. This week besides eating large quantities of ice cream and popscicles, 
 here the kids are eating my attempt at homemade fresh strawberry ice cream which resulted in a delicious milk shake
we've had fun visits with all sorts of friends in all sorts of fun spots, including our own backyard (which is particularly lovely and cool, feel free to invite yourself over!). 
 "Hazel's rolling in the grass!"
Yesterday we went up to Everett's Forest Park with the Roberts. We went on their obligatory "hike" (they are doing 1 hike, 1 adventure, and 1 science experiment every week this summer!), then enjoyed the rest of this park's awesome features, the playground, the spray park, and the petting zoo!
all hikes ought to include cute photo opts and log climbing:
H is such a happy farm girl!
 Whereas Q is a serious farm boy:
They all thought they were kids:
I'm sure this won't be our last visit to this amazing park this summer!

No comments: