Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

"Apparently" + "Jealous"

I love recognizing the words that the kids use that seem out of the norm. Quin regularly uses "apparently" in discussions usually tagging it on the end of a sentence. Saying something like, "Alex is coming over, apparently." He even named a recent painting, "China Apparently". 
Apparently I have a cute blondy who likes to climb and apparently I have no idea where he gets his vocabulary from...
Hazel on the other hand has really gotten the concept of "jealous", and when were out trick or treating she used the word perfectly (as she often does). We were at a house with some neat festive candy lights and walking away she said, "I'm jealous!" She's jealous of Quin sometimes, of items she wants, and even strangers apparently. Fortunately, she's also recently become even more in love with singing, so perhaps I need to come up with a "Don't be too jealous Hazel" jingle so we learn the feeling is ok, but so it appreciating what you have. You know something like, 
(to the tune of twinkle little star, which fyi you can use for a song on pretty much anything as I've found out with FH this fall) 
"Oh don't be jealous little Hazel. 
Don't be an overly jealous girl. 
Please be happy with what you've got, 
You love to sing and that's a lot.
Don't be jealous little Hazel, 
Please be happy with what you've got!"
Just a thought.
Though as I've found out since putting her in those braids last week, I better not call her "little Hazel" cause she'd just stop me and insist I call her "Pippi" instead...
Oh good grief I'm dorky, you come by is honestly kiddos, sorry...
*Oh and I must add a postscript to add that Q is also into "stupendous" and H "ridiculous" both of which I find pretty adorable.

2 comments:

grace said...

Grace went through and 'actually' stage. And Johnny presently gets 'really freaked out" or 'its like freaking him out'

Unknown said...

This is too funny. Bella says really funny expressions in Spanish, but they aren't funny if you don't speak Spanish! lol