Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Uses for Old Things: Mom Version

Ok, so I know our turkey roasting pan is hardly old, but hey it's hardly ever used, so this is at least a new use for it! 
The other afternoon Q wanted to play "construction site" with his salt tray, but I thought the oatmeal might be more interesting, and I have bag dedicated for play. So I grabbed the first handy largish containers, the recently washed roasting pan and another baking pan for H too. They served as perfectly fine play arenas for their construction. Now I've reclaimed an old storage container to better serve this purpose as I think play like this will very likely be part of our weekly routine around here as the days grow shorter and we play more inside.
That same day we also took a bag of old miscellaneous Christmas items, like wrapping paper bits, ribbon, etc. and went to town collaging them with glue paint:
They will soon be turned into cards for the grandparents I believe. So, there you have it, wacky and clever too!

No comments: