At bedtime the last few nights Quin has insisted on having every one of his stuffed animals available covering his body. He'll say, “another one, another one” until I repeatedly give in and there are none left, and his nostrils are barely visible. Don't fret though, I'm pretty sure he's beyond the SIDS worry of suffocation by stuffed animals, but just in case I go in a few minutes after he's out for the night and remove the nostril covering offenders. Here is the evidence:
So, though I have no photo, I thought it was sweet last night (well sweet of “giving in Mama” anyway) to take post across the street from a crew of “diggers” working on “fixing the road” post grocery shopping at Top Foods. Quin was fascinated by these diggers and I must of answered a hundred or so questions like, “What's that guy doing?” or “What's the front loader doing?” I have to admit I'm gaining more respect for the “digger guys” these days after spending so much more of my time watching them.
Another example of recent “giving in” which was certainly to our benefit this past weekend, Quin decided he had to play in the car wash bubbles. I couldn't resist letting him, though I don't know how productive this really made Papa's car washing project turn out. He was SO HAPPY though, getting the bubbles all over his feet and flipping them off his hands in my face. Ahh, but “giving in” did equal a more lovely clean car than I've had in ages, thanks Quin and especially Papa!
Ok, so I'll admit it, I was feeling a little preggers slow this afternoon, and so I “gave in” at Hamlin Park today, by letting Quin push me in his stroller. "Ha, no way!"you say. I say,
"Oh yes, a small 2 year old is in fact capable of pushing his preggers Mama in a jogger." He was laughing hysterically while he was at it too, until he got too winded to go on at least. Guess I'll have to get a ride again tomorrow since I don't have photographic evidence now...




No comments:
Post a Comment