Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama Time

The boys are off on a walk in the park, so I'm having a few moments to myself to reflect, organize and ponder motherhood. I am so thankful to have this Hallmark holiday today, not so much so I can be spoiled with beautiful flowers and treats from my boys (but thanks Papa!), but so that I can appreciate how much it means to be a Mama these days. I really have a gift of time, one that I don't take for granted. We made the choice to buy a little home. A home we knew we could afford, even if I was staying home raising kids and not working, and though I grumble at times, it really is a gift. I get to witness so many sweet moments.

Quin is growing and changing so quickly, I'm so glad I get to be here for every moment. He's now so much more into pretend, like playing Dr., and hiding under the covers cause "the bears are coming!". He is a real helper outside, where I think he'd rather be pretty much 90% of the time. Yesterday we got to work on my real mother's day gift, our new veggie garden. My Mother's Day gift to Quin was his very own real wheelbarrow, which he now uses with his real rake and shovel quite productively I might add.

Ok, so I'm finishing this post now, it's 6 hours later and we had a lovely Mama's Day brunch at Dashel and Cassie's new place (which is just 2 blocks from the lake in Leschi). I felt spoiled again by such nice company, tasty food, tulips, and treats, yum to fancy cupcakes. Mom and Dad also treated me to 2 much coveted items, a Kleen Kanteen water bottle and this book. Which was a real treat as I seem to be channeling the author this week; she and I wrote on practically the same thoughts earlier this week! I think I will enjoy the rest of naptime and read a bit! Oooh, the luxury of Mom's Day!

No comments: