So, all you ever have to do to make this Mama beam proudly for days and days is to pay a total stranger to notice some little thing I'm doing, as an everyday Mom, and tell me what a "good Mom" I am, that's it, go ahead now...but please be subtle....
I'll give ya the back story now, I started my new "job" today, I've become an "enhanced Mom" for my friend Chrissy, as she does a little teaching job two afternoons a week at Brighton Elementary. So, I'm watching Josie:
and Marshall:
for her, which after today, seems like it will be great fun!
They live right next to Yost Park, which we all love! So, after everyone had lunched, played and Josie woke up from her nap, we headed out. This also gave me a great chance to let H take her afternoon nap on my back. Along the way the kids played treasure hunt for jelly beans that the woods fairy hid cause the boys played SO nicely together today, she was SO proud! ;)
Boys giving each other high fives!
Marsh coming to Quin's cry for help as he crossed the log repeatedly over a stream
Now, any of you who know Q and M know that they have a bit of a love/hate relationship going on and though they have many of the same interests, they have known to quarrel a bit over one thing or another. So, this wonderful day together was a huge gift! And I just know it will continue to go well with all of our encouragement!
And Josie and Hazel, well that's mostly a love/love relationship at this point. When J woke up from her nap H just about mauled her with hugs and kisses she was SO happy to see her!
Josie feeling the baby waterfall, and catching "fish" just like the boys!
So, while we were enjoying our park time a few women walked by us at different moments and commented on how it looked like I had my hands full (but in a good way;)), or "what great kids!" I had, and even "what a good mom!" I was! Oh my, I think Chrissy said it best later on, "BEST DAY EVER!"
and Marshall:
for her, which after today, seems like it will be great fun!They live right next to Yost Park, which we all love! So, after everyone had lunched, played and Josie woke up from her nap, we headed out. This also gave me a great chance to let H take her afternoon nap on my back. Along the way the kids played treasure hunt for jelly beans that the woods fairy hid cause the boys played SO nicely together today, she was SO proud! ;)
Boys giving each other high fives!
Marsh coming to Quin's cry for help as he crossed the log repeatedly over a streamNow, any of you who know Q and M know that they have a bit of a love/hate relationship going on and though they have many of the same interests, they have known to quarrel a bit over one thing or another. So, this wonderful day together was a huge gift! And I just know it will continue to go well with all of our encouragement!
And Josie and Hazel, well that's mostly a love/love relationship at this point. When J woke up from her nap H just about mauled her with hugs and kisses she was SO happy to see her!
Josie feeling the baby waterfall, and catching "fish" just like the boys!So, while we were enjoying our park time a few women walked by us at different moments and commented on how it looked like I had my hands full (but in a good way;)), or "what great kids!" I had, and even "what a good mom!" I was! Oh my, I think Chrissy said it best later on, "BEST DAY EVER!"
1 comment:
You're amazing! Four kids!! You are a great mom!
Post a Comment