Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

four

Quin turns 4 today! Really, I know how very cliche it is, but where did my baby go? Four seems very significant to me. It's the last year of him being a true preschooler, he's really a boy now. He's grown and changed so much this past year, which never ceases to amaze me. Even when I have rough weeks, like the current one I'll admit, I still never ever regret spending each and every day with this little man. There have been only a very few days and a small handful of nights I haven't spent with him in these last 4 years, and I can't imagine what it would have been like to not have that gift of time. He is such a curious, creative, imaginative, energetic, and full of spunk little guy. I have been shaped by him as person more than I ever could have expected. I have learned more about myself, and who I dream he'll become so frequently. Oh, and what a year I'm sure it will be. Ok, I'm going to wipe my eyes now, and get these cupcakes
(umm...chocolate zucchini muffins, likely the last year I'll be able to pull that off...;)) frosted!
Quin's 4th Year:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Quin!!! FOUR YEARS OLD!! WOW!

I know just what you mean about the passage of time, and I do the exact same thing when I'm having a hard day. I think about how quickly it will change and how someday I'll miss those moments that I think of as so trying now, like being the ONLY one who can get Bella to bed even when I'm starving and just want her to fall asleep. One day I'll miss that she needed me there with her.

P.S. Can I get that muffin recipe from you? Sounds like a winner!

Sara said...

Happy birthday, Quin!

McDolan said...

Happy Birthday Quin, time certainly flies!!!