Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love is in the Air

This Valentine's Day has been well prepped for this year. Quin made an absolute plethora of holiday crafts and Valentine's at preschool and at home, for decor, and for family and friends. Many of which we passed on to friends at preschool and playgroup, sent off in the mail, and attached to this giant heart Papa gave to Q. Since I'm a little collage happy these days, here's another one for ya:
(the heart wreath and H's hair clip were from Etsy's Hearts for Haiti)
We celebrated today by having a wonderful family day. We had a tasty breakfast including heart pancakes. Quin insisted I have "breakfast in bed", so after cooking I went back to bed. ;) Fortunately I was permitted out, so I could really enjoy my meal without monkeys climbing all over me in the bed. We all enjoyed our meal while opening our Valentine's from family and each other. Then, later in the morn we went to Meadowdale park to hike to the beach.
A snuggle with Q as H slept on my back
It turns out this little trek was a bonus 3 in 1 outing for Papa: time with fam, exercise and dog walk, AND work! He even taught Quin and I about the work he's doing on salmon restoration in small streams.
The "stream" at Meadowdale was roaring today cause of the rainfall last night, so it was exciting to watch. He also had a good chat with the ranger on coming back for future research. I'm hoping we'll get to tag along with Papa as he's in the field frequently in the next few weeks and months to come, and it's a great chance for the kids and I to really get some great science lessons.
Ah, who wouldn't love a man who carries your flowery diaper bag for you?
Then, back home we had a delicious dinner together of grilled portabella burgers and salads (Todd and I had those same burgers on our first Valentine's Day together, ahhhh ;)). As a treat we had a little campfire and raosted marshmallows, which of course the kids LOVED!
Here's to hoping your Valentine's Day was lovely as well!

No comments: