Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ordinary Days

It's funny this video should pass my way this evening, as this week this same sentiment has been greeting me over and over. I drive by high schoolers more frequently now with the new house location, and think ahh I HAVE to enjoy this time. Being the sentimental gal I am, I shed a few tears for the empty nest Mom I bought Q's bed from last night. She had wet eyes herself when I came back in from dropping off the first parts in the van, after I'd said the bed was for my 4 year old, and we'd chatted about how quickly they grow. So, with this new home, this hectic time, these days that go by so quickly, I'm vowing to once more slow down, enjoy, and celebrate the ordinary. If you haven't seen this uberly sentimental clip, here you go, (you've been warned;)):



2 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAW! That was so beautiful! We all need to be reminded of this from time to time, because it does go by too fast!! Thanks for sharing!

Chrissy said...

Dear Erin,

You stink. Because now, I am crying and all stuffed up and my children are going to think I am crazy because all I want to do tomorrow is hold them and snuggle. (Which BTW is probably what we will do because M just puked....sorry....but thanks to your stinking clip, I don't even mind that.)
And I am instantly regretting that I gave away all my prego pants.
Thanks a lot you stinker!