Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THE Summer List

Ok, cause I know you already think I'm an overachiever (really I just use outings as a way to avoid housework/I LOVE them!), AND Thea told me I should blog about it, I will now share with you our summer to do list, it's just a mite bit longish, but as you can see (ooo, how I love thee strikeout font!), summer is over half over and we've done pretty well! I have to say though that we usually do our activity for the day in the morn that way we can still have nap/quiet time and laze around in the pm, plus we have off days here and there too, phew. Q and I made up this list, which is partially why ice cream appears 3 times (cause he and I share a love for it), and many of these ideas are ongoing, so we still hope to enjoy lots more play dates, concerts and such, oh boy!
Summer Ideas 2010

Go out for ice cream (went to Molly Moon's with preschool pals, but will go other places again I'm sure!)
Go to Yost Pool (yikes, will soon!)
Go to Vashon for Strawberry Festival
Go to Vashon for 4th of July Weekend
Go out on a boat (with life jackets)
Buy a bouncy house!
Go camping
Go hiking (to see mountain goats)
Go to Leavenworth (ooo and I get to go again for a girl's weekend!)
Go to the Whidbey house and have mini day adventures there (coming up!)
Edmonds Arts Festival
Museum of flight
Burke Museum
Camping right in the backyard (hmmm, we've set up the tents but have yet to sleep in them...)
Get the hot tub set up (X that one cause we've decided we don't need it hurray, will dispose of soonish...)
Go fishing on Papa’s friend’s boat
Get ice cream from the ice cream truck
Play on the slip n’ slide
Play in the backyard pool and in the sprinkler
Keep growing plants in our garden
Go out to a movie (free!)
Get slurpees at 7 Eleven
Go for a vacation out at the ocean (Shi Shi camping!)
Go berry picking (still need to get to the raspberries and blueberries)
VPG
Jetty Island beach day
Park play days with Preschool (a few anyhow)
Motorcycle Sunday on Vashon
Swimming lessons/pool time (will be more I do hope)
Science mini camp for Q (this week in fact!)
Forest Park in Everett
Go out to a ball game
Zagofopo
Fondu party (might have to save this for the fall)
Northwest Trek
Museum of Glass
Olympic Sculpture Park
Market time (Edmonds, Columbia City, Vashon, Pike Place, etc.)
Light Rail to the airport
Backyard picnics
Play car wash
Lots of bubble time
Backyard movie night
Concerts in the park
Sandcastle contest
Lots of craft time
Outdoor dinners and BBQ’s
Pt. Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
Time off! (Papa)
Time to plan Froggy Holler (Mama)
Visit Papa at work
Preschool pals play time
1st  Thursday
Zoo visits
Kelsey Creek Farm 
Make homemade ice cream
UW arboretum
Bike Centennial Trail
Library Reading programs/concerts etc.
Theo chocolates tour
Kruckeberg Garden Tots program
Trip to Philly for Todd and Quin
Hazel's Birthday!
Host a Martin family gathering

As added by Thea and Mathilda:
Do a play (kids have been at it frequently though Q's "shows" are nothing compared to the stunning performances Thea and I did in our youth...;))
Underwater basket weaving
Strip poker (whoo hoo!)
Pepper eating contest (I'll leave that up to Todd)
Spend one full day naked (didn't say who had to complete that task and H has been all for it!)
Cross dress at the park (hmm, again I think I'll get Todd on that one, just for kicks...)


2 comments:

klyn said...

I love your list! Ice cream is at the tops of mine, too! You should have done Slurpees at 7-11 on Free Slurpee Day (7-11-2010). Their cups are small at 7.11 ounces, but probably sized just right for Q and H. Next year! I love Jetty Island - definitely what I miss most about living in Everett! Tacoma News Tribune had a good list of 75 things to do a while back that I've been using.

I had so much fun crafting summer fun lists when my kids were younger. Now, teen activities get in the way or they are tired from said teen activities to go do something on my list! I did drag Z to a lake today to hike around it. I am working through a book of 100 nature hikes in the Puget Sound region. I have several up north I'd like to do and may have to see if you and the small ones are up for it!
Kellie

Thea said...

Lots of great ideas! One that you need to cross off is plan for Froggy Holler!