It's been a few years, but it seems we are back to getting "Alex Mondays" around here! I started watching our PEPS pal Alex when the boys were still pretty tiny while my pal Nan was catching up on sleep from her weekend nursing work. Now, she's working Mondays and since Q desperately asks to play with Alex all the time, I thought it would be great if we started having him over regularly on Monday afternoons. So for the last few weeks it's worked out pretty great. Mondays are sort of "Good Mom Mondays" now cause I tend to really focus on having fun when friends are over, more than normal anyhow. This Monday I whipped up a batch of fresh, warm, cinnamony orange playdoh which saw a lot of play.
Then outside, the kids helped me practice for what we'd be creating in FH this week: leaf crowns. Meet the Kings and Queen of the backyard!
It was a wild and windy day, and they loved gathering (aided by the fun of getting to use scissors outside) the leaf crown items, and had such fun playing once they were made. These brave Kings had battles to fight, scary hot tub monsters, soccer goal gremlins, and tree guys to destroy. We looks forward to many more Alex Mondays to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment