Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Anya and Torin, Grown Up, Nearly

Every once in a while I find the excuse to peruse my old photo albums, of which there are many, to take a little trip down memory lane. It's not supposed to, but often I find it brings tears to my eyes to visit these memories on film (umm perhaps because I am SO living in the moment right now, or maybe cause I have a terrible memory). I am having one of those evenings, in remembering all the fun I had taking care of Anya and Torin Perret, back in my braces wearing days:
Actually, I watched them far past my braces wearing days and into my college days, as did my friend Anna Sander. I had the pleasure of watching them grow up before my very eyes, like a big sister. I had the great fortune of traveling with them to Mexico (repeatedly!) and Arizona and many other nearby locals. We finger painted with pudding, read together, played endless games of trains and blocks, climbed, and hammock swung together. I will certainly always hold a dear place in my heart for these two kiddos, who are now, far too big in my opinion:
We all shared a lovely brunch together yesterday and I only wish Anya didn't have to go off and become so brilliant far away at Dartmouth, so I could use her excellent babysitting services. I'll be getting going on creating a "Zackey Family Nonprofit" so she can intern with us soon. In the meantime, here is an Anya and Torin mini slide show so you can join me down memory lane (or just gawk at Torin's yummy baby pudge, and giggle at how goofy we all were):


No comments: