We had a staycation sort of a weekend. We need a vacation, it's Quin's spring break after all, but alas it isn't happening.
So, we went for some little adventures around town instead. First off on Saturday we went to the University Farmer's Market.
Yeah, we bundled up and made it an adventure in the cold rain:
We enjoyed samples of tasty cheeses, jams and more, and loved seeing these spring blooms:

We enjoyed samples of tasty cheeses, jams and more, and loved seeing these spring blooms:
But we just had to warm up afterward so we hit a coffee shop on the way home for some treats. I love the mural they have painted outside:
Then on a whim I decided to call Uncle Tony and see if he and Carol were home so we might get to have a little grey day swim in their condo's pool. They were, and the pool was SO cozy and the "warm pool" even better. And of course we had the place to ourselves, fun!
So, after H slept a little upstairs under the watchful eyes of Tony and Carol, Q and I swam, and Papa saunaed. Then the little miss joined us for her first pool swim! She thought it was great fun! Here she is modeling her yummy chins and sweet wave:
Thanks Tony and Carol for letting us use your pool, we will be back soon!Then on Sunday the kids and I went wild at the Seattle Center where we enjoyed both Whirlagig AND the Children's Museum! What spoiled little ones I have! We arrived before Whirlagig was open so we used our membership to the Museum to spend some time there, checking out all the fun kid sized activities, crafting with and tasting clay (eek H! ;)):
golfing/practicing pulling up on things:
And then we went upstairs to do some bouncy house fun! Q went down a HUGE slide on his own and then realized that was terrifying, so we swapped out his big kid ticket for a toddler one, and he enjoyed the calmer bouncy houses. This was actually the 3rd year we've been to this event, though I don't know that I'd recommend it, a litle wild for me!
So after a healthy lunch (packed by hippy mama e) we went back down to play a little more at the Museum and gather up our dried art projects. We did a little construction and H crawled around a little more.
So, a very fun weekend indeed! I think I ought to remind myself that at least we live in a lively and fun place no matter what the weather, and I get to sleep better at night than I would on vacation anyhow...;)
golfing/practicing pulling up on things:
And then we went upstairs to do some bouncy house fun! Q went down a HUGE slide on his own and then realized that was terrifying, so we swapped out his big kid ticket for a toddler one, and he enjoyed the calmer bouncy houses. This was actually the 3rd year we've been to this event, though I don't know that I'd recommend it, a litle wild for me!
So after a healthy lunch (packed by hippy mama e) we went back down to play a little more at the Museum and gather up our dried art projects. We did a little construction and H crawled around a little more.
So, a very fun weekend indeed! I think I ought to remind myself that at least we live in a lively and fun place no matter what the weather, and I get to sleep better at night than I would on vacation anyhow...;)
No comments:
Post a Comment