After our fun time visiting Carl yesterday, we went down to Logboom Park with Trez and kids. We happened to see quite a number of birds while there:*Canadian geese
*Blue heron
*hawks (sorry don't know what kind, but they were big!)
and
*Mallard ducks, with little baby ducklings
and of course various other water fowl and such.
Hazel was entranced with all these feathered friends. When one came over to try and nab her snacks she tried crawling right toward it:
Don't worry Q came running over and shooed him away. But after that she kept saying what sure sounded like, "duck" in her own baby way of course. Out on the dock
(Q was being an eagle here)we saw more and she kept saying it, and watching them with big alert eyes.
At home post naptime I thought I'd check to see if she really was saying duck so I put on a quick you tube video of a mallard and sure enough she said it for Danpa and I! So, there she goes, saying her first word, besides "Mama" of course. Kinda makes me wonder what else she has been trying to say?
No comments:
Post a Comment