Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lightning

When it strikes, bad things seem to happen, and in 3's. This is my mother in law's theory, as her house was struck by lightning a few years back and 3 major household appliances broke. So, apparently figurative lighting has struck your truly:
*here's the list which does NOT, but might as well include Little Miss H and her screaming/tooth erupting/separation anxiety madness!
1. DOOR:
The van door went funky on the passenger side (Q's) which made me wonder how people ever used mini vans with car seats before dual sliding doors? It was a real drag for a week or so. I finally took it in on Wednesday, and of course while they had it in I had to get a new timing belt and battery as both were much needed. Uggg....there goes a big chunk of that rebate.
2. DRYER:
the dryer+ kaput! well not completly, seems to be running fine but the heating element must be shot as it's not getting clothes dry, ugg. Good thing we've had some sunny days and Gigi's here to help with Todd's laundry. Cause right now I think we'll just have to get a new used one, seeing as I've seen a bunch on craigslist and it will cost more to have it repaired. Again, uggg.
3. SPEED DEMON:
So, yeah, I have a bit of a lead foot as my Mom put it. I was jabbering away with the Grandma's on our trip home from the Tulip fields on Thursday and didn't see the Skagit County cops fast enough, and blammo, the most exciting part of the day for Quin= Mama's a bad guy. Uggg.
So, I got a ticket a little over a year ago and I've been trying to be extra careful ever since. I really wasn't trying to go fast, just keeping with the flow of traffic and didn't see a speed limit sign on the rural road, but I couldn't even respond when the officer came to talk to me. I felt SO bad. So, he took all my info said the stop was being recorded so I figured I didn't stand a chance. But after he took everything back to his car, he came back and told me he was just going to give me a 2 minute lecture on speeding. Hallaluja! I was crying by then, so I think he knew how awful I felt. Anyhow, guess that means something else bad might still happen, I certianly hope not!
So, hope lightning keeps at bay for a little while, taking care of two little ones is exhausting enough...
*Edit: After this post had been online for 3 days I discovered I'd left an "n" off "lightning" thus proving that not only am I a bad speller, but really quite sleep deprived on top of it all.
Sorry, Editor Auntie Lee!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

UGGG! I am so sorry. If it makes you feel better, I ran a red light in downtown Seattle and got pulled over a few months ago. I only got a lecture too, but it does make you feel AWFUL. You are not the only one. :)