Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Edmonds Arts Fest

It's the Edmonds Arts Festival Weekend here, and we went down to enjoy it this afternoon. This festival really does hit the spot for me, art and artists I really like, tasty food, good music, and in a spot we can walk to from Gigi's. The kids really loved listening to Carrie Clark, while playing on the playground. 
 
(Side note: did ya notice H's impressive collection of jewelry? We hit up one of the many garage sales on the way down, and Gigi treated her to a new collection of elastic beaded necklaces bracelets, and a new butterfly necklace too. Perfect attire for an arts festival where lovely jewelry like that of childhood friend Nicole's is available as well! Plus, all this bracelet decor brings me right back to 3rd grade and friendship bracelet making and wearing, love it!)
They would climb, slide, etc. then periodically stop to watch, or dance along and then go back to playing, it was quite sweet that they were so tuned in to the music. 
 We all enjoyed some tasty festival food (thanks Vince!):
"Hazel's corndog!"
I loved all the artwork for sale and wish I endless reserves to buy it, but for now I'll be pleased to enjoy the Jennifer Lommers print Gigi got for Hazel's room. Perhaps we'll go back on Sunday for a little something else for our new home. Shh don't tell Papa, but I think we've got to go back to pick up one of these: 
The kids had fun in the Kids Creative Corner as well, Quin did one of everything, 
and H was engrossed as well, 
all while we enjoyed the tunes of a local elementary school's impressive marimba band production. We'll have to head back again this weekend at some point, if you're around, you should too!

No comments: