Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's MINE!

Hazel woke up this morning with spunk in her! Besides waking saying, "I wanna see Josie!" (which she wouldn't drop for ages), she was working on her sense of self today. I must have heard, "that's mine.." a thousand times today. Characters in books were hers, food items that were mine were hers, Quin's toys were hers, seriously it went on and on. I had a hard time keeping a straight face. Reminded me of the 2 year old mantra, goes something like this:
"If it's mine it's mine,
if it's yours it's mine,
if I like it is mine,
if I can take it from you it is mine,
if I am playing with something ALL of the pieces are mine,
if I think it is mine it is,
if I saw it first it's mine,
if I had it then put it down it is still mine,
if you had it then you put it down it is now mine,
if it looks like the one I have at home it is mine,
if it is broken it is yours."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! Ah, two year olds. Yes, we have that going on here as well. Bella gets mixed up with her Spanish and English, though, and says, "tuyo" (yours) for "mine" and "me" (in both languages). It's pretty funny. Kids on the playground look at her like she's nuts.