So the day was filled with putting food out for the birdies, lazing about in the morning, and heading out to sled and play the afternoon away.
We walked/sled road down 216th towards Gigi's, which is a pretty great run, then checked to see if Brody was home (he was!) and we took him on over to Yost with us. There we enjoyed some fun runs on the hills there, and then H and I went through the woods to meet up with Chrissy and kids to do a little sledding in their hood. Todd and the boys sledded a while longer and then headed back to Gigi's/Brody's for play there. H and I had a fun time sledding and then back at Chrissy's just enjoying the snow day play and company. When H and I finally headed home right when we stepped outside the neighbors told us one of Chrissy's trees had just fallen:
Wow! Thankfully none of the kids or people that were right in the area were hurt, and Chrissy said her neighbors were a great help in getting it all taken care of quickly! Yikes though!
H and I trooped back over to 216th right when Todd and Q were heading home/for some runs on the hill. So, H and I held Theo so they could go a few times, and then she and I took a few turns too! There were all sorts of people out, the street lights made it like night skiing, and it was such festive fun!
Today with icy snow falling this morn, and pretty cold temps we did a bunch of projects I had planned for, and it was fun to just be here crafting together,
There was hammock swinging of course (Nami and Danpa we are SO thankful for this new hammock, especially this week!), dragon mask making (after Chinese New Year books were read), Q crafted a star wars pop up scene, H played with marbled no mess paints, we made pinecone bird feeders and soft pretzels, Papa read aloud lots of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and we made our big family art canvas (a peace sign and little felt dove). We also made and played with snow paint!
It's been so much fun here and though there have certainly been moments of cabin fever, I'm not complaining cause the time together has overruled any of that! And we have another day off tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment