Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowy Days Begin!

Since Sunday we've had some fun in the snow around here! The first snows were pretty mild, but still provided enough snow for making little snow people/forts/mini table and chairs, having snowball fights, going sledding across the street at the school, and for generally making our corner of the world look a little more special.
Then Tuesday morning though the ground was green again at around 7 am, by 8:30 there was a nice white blanket over our yard. In Shoreline however the snow hadn't quite hit yet, school was just delayed and roads were clear, so I went off to teach Froggy Holler! It was so much fun in the snow. 
 The kids and I had a fun time and I hope I'll get to have snowy class again someday. By the afternoon though school was cancelled, I was a little more leary of the roads and such so I cancelled the pm class.
But that didn't stop the snowy fun of course! At home I quickly met up with Todd and the kids at the school playground where H especially was SO excited about the sledding action. Q was more in the snowball throwing action. Later after lunch we went on down to Gigi's so we could sled on 216th and veg out at her home. On our walk down it was beautiful out!
Seeing all of Gigi'g fresh powder made me want to make snow angels, which I did. Then H insisted I make more so she could take my picture! I thought that was pretty cute so I gave in and she took about 20 pictures of the work in progress, giving me posing tips the whole while, "No arms up Mama, no legs together..." 
no wonder I had a wet booty afterward!
 my silly camera girl!
Then she went in, and Q and I played a bunch in the snow, had lots of snowball fights, and made this snow girl: 
I think she looks a bit English...
Then we lazed about and ended up having dinner there, and walked back home with the aid of flashlights and light sabers!

No comments: