Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

PEPpy Mama!


Well, I had an eventful day helping with the 10th Annual PEPS Luncheon at the Fisher Pavilion today. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of PEPS and so today was declared PEPS Day in Seattle by Mayor Nickels and Governor Gregiore. It was exciting to be a part of this successful (yes they made LOTS of money) event again this year. And though there were ups and downs that come with an event of this magnitude (about 500 guests), it was well organized. I for one, had lots of fun serving cake, ok and eating some too, after my tiring job of doing the centerpieces (I arrived at 7 am!). Besides the delicious lunch and desserts, it was also a treat to meet King 5's anchor Jean Enersen the emcee, and famous Arthur creator Marc Brown, chat with him a few times and get a book signed for Quin.

Miss Squirmy was excited by it all as well, she was SO active while the speakers were talking it was a little distracting! ;) I swear she's either still hopped up on all those treats I sampled or is turned sideways, cause she's still doing some funny kicking on my left side tonight. This is a sure sign I should be off to bed!

1 comment:

klyn said...

This sounded like it was such a great day! Jealous a bit about you meaning Marc Brown! We haven't culled his books from our bookshelves and the kids still catch an Arthur episode now and then!
Kellie