Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Richard Scarry Books Don't Make for Good Bedtime Books...

Ok, so it shouldn't be hard to figure this out, Richard Scarry Books such as "What People Do All Day" http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Scarrys-What-People-All/dp/0394818237 and a childhood favorite "The Best Word Book Ever" (the very addition Auntie Barbara gave me as a Christmas gift when I was 2) really DO NOT make for good bedtime books. Not to say they aren't absolutely wonderful DAYTIME books to spend hours perusing through etc. But let me tell you since Quin is obsessed with asking, "What's the cat doing?" "What's that dog doing?" "What's that pig doing?" etc. etc. incessantly, without so much as pausing to hear in fact what these hardworking storybook characters are doing, it can take far too long to get through these books.

So, I'm writing this as a reminder to myself to please pluck all such long and treasured books out of his room before the 8 o'clock hour tomorrow night. I think we ought to stick to "Goodnight Moon", "As Quick as a Cricket" or "Go Dog, Go" tomorrow night. ;)

No comments: