We went down to visit Good Dog Carl and author Alexandra Day yesterday at 3rd Place Books. It was great fun to see real live Carl (well a descendant at least), and Hazel even rode his back just like baby Madeline in the books.
What a good dog he was!

What a good dog he was!To top off our fun with dogs day, Todd and I watched Marley and Me last night. I rarely get to see movies these days, but would like to give this one 4 stars as it seemed like it perfectly captured my feelings about parenthood and dog ownership. Well, maybe not so perfectly, these were actors who didn't age (or even have changed hairstyles!) a bit in the 10 years the movie was supposed to take place. But I really did enjoy the story, which I read a few years back. We gave Theo heaps of hugs after the movie appreciating him for being not nearly as bad as Marley. ;) I promise I will go on appreciating him a little more than I have been.
2 comments:
Carl!!! Alexandra Day! I am jealous! They were a favorite in our household.
for the record, I still believe that it is horrible parenting to leave your baby with a Rottweiler, Carl or not.
Post a Comment