Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My "Baby" Doll

When I was little I was a big fan of dolls, mostly my cabbage patch dolls of which I had two (ok, still have) a little redhead, "Samantha" and a preemie,"Alexandra" (the one with the pacifier stuck in her mouth). I would use my allowance to buy tiny real baby clothes for them at Grannies (Vashon thrift shop). So, being the pack rat I am, I still have a few of these clothes and couldn't help but put them on my own "dolls". Quin wore this sleep sack at 5 days old that I used on my dolls all the time:
(Isn't that a sweet little dreaming smile?)
and this last week I had Hazel in another frequently worn by my dolls top:
(It is WAY cuter on her than any doll)
I found it quite appropriate that she wore it this week because Hazel's newest word: "baby". She said it first at Top Ten Toys when we checked out the baby doll section. She was shaking with glee and couldn't get enough of pulling down all the different little gals off the shelves. Then later, she said it at the playground birthday party we went to in honor of Baby Caleb turning 1! Today she was thrilled again to test out her new word in reference to all her little babies here at home and in the car. It's pretty sweet that this is one of her first words as it was Quin's first word after "Mama". My little "dolls" know just how to make this former pretend Mama proud!

No comments: