Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Picking at Biringer Farm

We trekked up to Biringer Farms today to pick strawberries to our hearts content. H was dressed accordingly and got heaps of compliments for it. Both kids loved riding out to the field on the "jolly trolley" behind the tractor, and in about half an hour I'd picked a flat and the kids another half or so. It was easy picking and there were huge berries out there! 
 Of course there was plenty of tasting going on as well:
Afterward, we played on the playground toys, ate lunch at the picnic tables, and since we were already in Arlington, headed out to Nami and Danpa's property. 
 Quin headed up the loft ladder
It was quite an adventure to make out way to Papa's old shack in the woods. He worked in Darrington about 8 years ago (I know because of the old 2002 calendar on the wall!) and he's spend some weeknights in his "Kandinsky estate"/"love shack" out there. We'll have to go back with Papa and the right tools (aka machete) to get past all the salmon berry bushes, and a working camera (mine ran out of batteries) cause it's a fun place for kids to explore and worth documenting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! Bella has that exact same outfit!! It was a present from the grandparents.

It looks like you had so much fun! I haven't been strawberry picking since I was a kid.