We woulnd't want a sand sculpting contest to pass us wacky zackeys by so Gigi and I took the kids down to Edmonds Marina Beach to play along. Only thing was, it was a farily low tide. So, the kids were far more interested in beachcombing than submarine building (Q's design idea). In the end Gigi and I mostly created our sculpture, with her doing all the heavy shoveling. Next year, we'll definately recruit Papa to take the morn off!
Dressed in layers, just in case, fortunately the sun did come out!
Some beach neighbors helped out a bunch with gathering all the white shells and rocks.
It was hard to get the angel right to capture the whole creation, so I made a little "Sub" sign. There were crab and seaweed at the bottom to represent the sea floor. The big crab was one H found down at the low tide, she had just been staring and pointing at it thinking it was alive!
Some of the other wonderful creations on the beach:
I thought this one was great and would surely win, a sea turtle listening to an ipod , nope, maybe too hip for the judges.
This big flower in a pot was a winner though!
Here's the shot the event photographer got of us:
And the best part perhaps for the kids...
...destroying it of course! Q turned the sub into a bomber. What a boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment