Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Quilt for Elyse

My childhood friend, my Mom's good friend's daughter, Elyse was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. She's been taking it on full force and doing pretty good, but when I knew she was in town this summer I thought it would be great to see her. So, we went to the annual Oyster Bash party at the Burgett's in Port Townsend.

H and I as seen by Kathy 
During the party she was presented with the amazing star quilt both Mom and I made a square for. Mom's friend Debbie organized and assembled the whole thing, 121 squares and all, amazing!
 
There was also a fund raising party the night before that was a huge success, so I'm pretty sure she's feeling the healing love!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Please send my thoughts and prayers to your friend. I hope she recovers quickly and easily.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! ! ! Yes, an amazing quilt....day.....process.
Elyse is doing so well....hair beginning to grow in &
she's already planning a trip to Panama & Colombia.
Deep thanks for your love, Mama K* *