Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Price of a Girl


 Sure, you all know girls are just plain more expensive than boys, and I'd agree. Even though H is a second she is rapidly becoming a pricier chica to have in the fam. If I go to Goodwill with H for instance, I typically need to check out the shoes, the clothes, the toys etc. to most notably look to see if there is anything pink. If I were with Q he would want nothing to do with shoes or clothes, and I could get away with just getting him a small toy. As we were making purchases today H HAD to hold each pink item we were buying immediately. She's a strong willed, little shopaholic, no-napper. And the hair accessories, sheesh, who knew a 2 year old would need so many, mostly due to the fact she looses so many, and much prefers, "Clips!" to pony tails. So, we pick those up fairly often and we find them scattered around the house fairly often as well. And of course there's the clothes, while Q trashes his and fortunately gets hand me downs from Marshall and durable items from Gigi, H is getting new clothes fairly often. While she gets hand me downs and lovely clothes from Gigi also, I still can't help myself picking up items for her frequently (though still consignment or gwill, and occasional taget clearance).
 
 Plus I feel obligated to attempt sewing for her, which never quite works out cause I'm NOT a sewer...
So, if you have boys, be thankful, you'll probably have more for their college funds!

No comments: