Ok, maybe it's the Valentine's decor already around, but I'm in the mood to share what I love at the moment:
This boy,
his unending creative ideas, and lately optimistic ideas, like having a lemonade stand on a January day, cause the sun came out! (wasn't quite warm enough for bare feet as it turned out though):
his unending creative ideas, and lately optimistic ideas, like having a lemonade stand on a January day, cause the sun came out! (wasn't quite warm enough for bare feet as it turned out though):
sign made by pal Nathaniel
The way he tells stories non stop whether or not anyone is listening, and uses the word "basically" excessively.
The way he tries to inform H on facts of life. Today to correct her arguing about everyone being a baby at one time, he told her a bit about how all animals have babies, some come from eggs, some just "come out" (he caught himself from saying "fall out") and those are mammals. Her response after his whole explanation was, "Oh."
Have I mentioned before about the time he said, "Hazel when I'm 5 I'm going to be so big I'll be able to carry you on my shoulders!"?
The way he was alternatively fake snoring and laughing at himself for doing it, as he went to bed last night.
This girl,
her super cuddle powers, and the way she says, "Please hold you?" when she really means "me". Though we do sometimes let her try and hold us, that's doesn't work out so well.
The way she wants to sit on your lap and be fed the rest of her breakfast, lunch, or dinner all the time lately. Though you can imagine how irksome this has become, I can't help but oblige. She's also fiercely independent lately, she is SO 2. But, I know it won't last that long in the grand scheme of things.
The way she explains things with the word "because" used over and over.
How she has decided to nap again, most days.
The way she explains things with the word "because" used over and over.
How she has decided to nap again, most days.
Her obsession with pink, it's annoying as all get out, but so cute that she cares SO much. about. a. color.
How fast she can run now, in circles around the house. I'm pretty sure they will both be track stars at this rate.
This man,
his super huggable self, and awesome Papaness, and the things he helps with around the house given the time, like fixing the squeaky steps!, and cleaning out the car port!, deep cleaning the bathroom! AND kitchen!, and attaching little hooks to the shed wall for the kids' yard tools!
Am I lucky or what?!
1 comment:
Oh, Erin, You are lucky! What a wonderful family. And we are all so lucky to have YOU!!!!
Post a Comment