Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Motorcycle Sunday

It was Motorcycle Sunday on Vashon today so the kids and I headed on over while Papa and Uncle Dashel worked on the house. They got many items crossed off that giant to do list of little chores, and we had fun with friends and family!
There must have been hundreds and hundreds of motorcyclists on the island today, and by the end I was wishing I was on one too.
The ferry ride was wild, and loud:
The bikes were pretty impressive, as was their decor:
Here's my "bike":
Then we had some nice relaxing down time over at Nami and Danpa's: reading, puzzling, berry picking, finding the "lightning tree":
husking fresh corn:
and horse petting.
Then when H was up from her nap we went on over to Dockton Park and got to have a quick visit with Bonnie, Joe and sweet baby Rachel.
Then Anna and Ella joined us and we all a quick dinner together and a good time playgrounding,
chatting, wading, and walking the docks:
(I've been having some trouble figuring out how to use my new lens, so this is the artistic representation of that dock walk Nami and Quin took)
As always, it's lovely to visit the island, and a sweet bonus to have the little ones fall asleep on a sunset drive home.

No comments: