Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mr. Inquisitive

Teacher Patty noted this week how very inquisitive Quin is about the world around him. This was after reading a book on rocks and minerals (one of the DK Eyewitness books he loves so much), and exploring the science display of rocks and minerals.
It was fitting comment for her to state this week in particular as he has been mildly obsessed with asking, "How is that made?" about nearly everything around him. From the ketchup to the place mats, from the granola bars to the car's wheels, from the corn chips to the books we read. So much has been food I'm realizing we need to eat even more whole foods without so many ingredients! This line of questioning has really helped me think about how things are made and those processes I truly never contemplate. Though it can be weary to explain so much, I love that he is so fascinated with the way things work and is trying to figure them out. We have done some fun you tube searches for factory tours, and seen some fun ones on jelly beans, computers and such. I've been interested in taking the Theo Chocolate Factory tour for years, so now is definitely the time and I'm sure Quin will soak it all up, not just the chocolate that is.

No comments: