We saw a rainbow on the way home from preschool today. It was huge, gleaming and more than a bit distracting as I attempted to keep my eyes on the road. I decided it was an omen of some sort, perhaps bringing us luck for the inspection. It was with pessimistic optimism that we went into this inspection today. We were fairly certain the house needed new windows, deck work, gutters, an arborist, new appliances, and fairly soon new bathrooms and kitchen. All of these things are pricey, but the big house in a good location seemed worth the investment of time and money. That said, we also new that if there were any other big ticket items like the roof or foundation with issues, we'd walk away.
When the inspector (Brandal from Vi Home Inspections, BEST inspector EVER!) gave us the report of the damage in the attic + pest evidence, and need for new roofing, well I said, "That was the deal breaker." We still held out, noticed the good over the bad, thought hard about it all, and read the full 18 page photo report and 21 page written report (well ok Todd did, I was there after all). But Todd's work load being something fierce this week, and we realized that we were plain over our heads so we are absolutely walking away, and happy! So, maybe that rainbow brought us some good luck after all, I'd like to think so.
My little rainbow (cause geez I can't stare out the window at the rainbow while driving AND take a picture! ;))
When the inspector (Brandal from Vi Home Inspections, BEST inspector EVER!) gave us the report of the damage in the attic + pest evidence, and need for new roofing, well I said, "That was the deal breaker." We still held out, noticed the good over the bad, thought hard about it all, and read the full 18 page photo report and 21 page written report (well ok Todd did, I was there after all). But Todd's work load being something fierce this week, and we realized that we were plain over our heads so we are absolutely walking away, and happy! So, maybe that rainbow brought us some good luck after all, I'd like to think so.
4 comments:
AH shucks. Sorry it didn't work out, Erin. I think you're right, though. It was good luck that you didn't up with a real stressful project on your hands. Your house is out there, just waiting for you. Now that's a real exciting thought!!!!
I wanted to say, "Oh Barnacle!"
Ah well. We can go back to e-mailing each other listings, now.
We saw that rainbow, too!
Secretly, you can't move that far away from me right? Clearly, I completely agree with this decision. Maybe I can convince one of my neighbors to move and just give you their house?
Post a Comment