Quin and I had a "date" on Saturday afternoon! We got tickets to the Children's Theater production of The Brementown Musicians" and had a fun time down at the center. Thanks to my Mom for watching H since Papa was out of town! And for taking some pictures of us in our dress up clothes before going out:The show was a targeted for a little older audience (though there were plenty of preschoolers in the crowd) and wouldn't you know it, my little guy was terrified! Oh I felt SO bad. I'd checked to see if it would be too scary, and had been reassured by the Mom who sold us the tickets that it was funny, but really not scary. Well, in the opening scene the farmer is talking about selling his donkey and all the other animals are nervous. Apparently so was Quin, who quickly climbed n my lap, then started hiding his eyes, and finally tried to climb right up on my head! And this was within the very first minutes of the show. He was practically shaking so I told him it was ok for us to leave and he scurried behind the seats trying to crawl under the legs of nearby audience members. Poor guy.
So, I told him we could try to see the show from the special quiet room, and so we gave it a shot. From there he was just fine! Guess it was enough removed, and we could quietly chat about what was going on from our private room. He loved getting a treat at intermission and chatting about the show, and then we enjoyed the rest of the show in our "suite". After the show, he warmed up quite a bit, and during the question and answer session with the actors he raised his hand repeatedly to answer the actor's questions to the crowd. Then he went right up with a program to get the rooster's autograph, and make sure the cat knew he played the harmonica (answering the question of what instruments the audience members play at home?). ;) So, all in all, the show ended up being an exciting experience for Quin I'm sure!
And a trip to the center wouldn't be complete without a slug ride: And a visit to the fountain: He was a little too excited not to be like the other kids and touch the fountain, while partially disrobed just in case: It was a fun "date" with my exuberant little guy!
1 comment:
I love the pictures of you two. Sounds like a fun outing besides the scary play part.
Post a Comment