We had quite a fun foolish April Fool's day today. We used it as an excuse to dress up (umm, do I ever need as excuse???! ;)). So, H wore her fancy skirt and lots of stripes, I wore a very floral fun dress (though I have no photo evidence sorry), and Q sported his Hawaiian surfer shirt. I didn't get my act together to do any tricks for breakfast, cause honestly the kids and I were too busy playing Easter egg hide for breakfast snacks again. I did trick Q by dyeing his water, but that was about it.
So, thankfully preschool was all sorts of foolish fun. Teacher Patty pulled a good one on the kids by doing a big preschool switcheroo with North City Co-op next door. So, the kids got to explore a whole new environment today, it was like visiting a children's museum!
Then, they got a very tasty snack from Emily,
tasty cheese sandwiches (s week):
hee, hee, really pound cake with frosting!
H and I lingered at drop off and pick up for quite some time cause she was having so much fun exploring too.

Then, this afternoon the kids and I played Hullabaloo. This is a great game when it's chilly outside, and today was another wacky spring day full of cold rain, sun!, and gray cold. It also requires lots of goofy dancing, which is perfect for April Fools day.
I would have loved to do any of the many Family Fun sorts of gag dinners, but with Papa home late, and no online access yet, I made do with a family fav anyway, breakfast for dinner! And to end our day, a few foolish books of course! Here are a few recommendations:
A childhood favorite: The Cat Who Wore a Pot of Her Head and nearly everything by Robert Munch.
So, thankfully preschool was all sorts of foolish fun. Teacher Patty pulled a good one on the kids by doing a big preschool switcheroo with North City Co-op next door. So, the kids got to explore a whole new environment today, it was like visiting a children's museum!
tasty cheese sandwiches (s week):
H and I lingered at drop off and pick up for quite some time cause she was having so much fun exploring too.
A childhood favorite: The Cat Who Wore a Pot of Her Head and nearly everything by Robert Munch.
No comments:
Post a Comment