Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

On the Seventeenth Day of Advent

Play "Christmas"! Q was "Santa" at preschool handing out his little treasures and cards to his pals and Teacher Patty. Then, at the Roberts' Q thought it would be fun to play Christmas. So we "wrapped" (using recycled newspaper ads and no tape ;)) presents, used a big chair as a sleigh, and chairs as reindeer. Marshall, Josie and I (H was napping) would run into the bedroom and "sleep" until Q the Elf was all ready for us, then we'd run out and open our presents!
What could they possibly be?!
We stopped to read a very lovely book, had some snacks, and played over and over. My favorite parts were when Q would exclaim in a very merry Santaish voice, "Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!"
or Marshall would video little clips of us opening our presents, just like a Dad would do on Christmas morning for real. I think these kiddos are well practiced for the big day now only about a week away.
*Another "Santa" picture for you cause I know you were distractedly noticing that hip shirt Q picked out to wear today. It was his Uncle Dashel's, and yes I agree, it's rad!*

5 comments:

Leah said...

It is quite rad. My Dad has some shirts just like that, but on an adult they are even radder!

Chrissy said...

Yippee! You are making my blog posts so much easier! (ie Hey family, just click to Erin's blog and she'll show you what my kids did today. I'm going to bed. :))

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

That shirt is awesome! Merry Christmas!

klyn said...

I was indeed distracted by the shirt!

@Chrissy - that is why I am glad my sister blogs!