Quin and I went to pond day today at Itty Bitty Camps, held at Discovery Park. It was a bit of research for me, a special Mom and Quinnie time (Papa was home with H on his day off since he'll be working on Sunday), and a lot of fun. Q was lucky enough to have scooped up a tadpole (the first of the season!), mayfly larva, dragonfly larva, dragonfly and mosquito exoskeletons, and many more amazing little critters.
It was nice having an expert there to help us identify them all. After our pond time, there was a snack and story time, a walk back up the hill, then craft time in the field, and some closing songs. Then Q and I headed over to the big meadow and sand area to relax and enjoy the sun.
He even used his boot for a bucket:
I lazed about reading my identification book. It was an absolutely wonderful time!
No comments:
Post a Comment