Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Whidbey Visit

Since it's annual "Todd gets to watch heaps of Lacrosse" weekend, the kids and I went over to the beach  house on Whidbey for low tide. It's a pretty amazing place to be for a low tide, the beach stretches so far, the creatures are plentiful, and the sand is soft for digging.
 
Grey weather and a little rain never slows down the Zackeys
 
In the hole he quickly dug
  
a happy sand man
In the afternoon we had a great visit to the "Castle Playground" on the island. Seeing as it was still drizzly, the kids practically had the place to themselves,
so there was lots of swinging: 
and fake sleeping while "flying":
and lots of climbing and sliding and craziness with another little boy over a the skate park:
 
I had a hard time catching any of the sliding action, it was pretty killer though!
My aunts and their families arrived later and we got to visit with them a bit, the big cousins are always fun to read with and show off for.

Now we're really looking forward to our vacation there with summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would you believe it if I told you I've never been to Whidbey? I think I'll have to change that when I get back. Looks like fun!!